This Policy applies to information we collect about our customers and visitors to our website www.sofa.com and our associated web pages (“Website”). We may amend this Policy from time to time.
1 Information about us
The Website is operated by Sofa.com Ltd incorporated in England and Wales under company number 05222498 and having its registered office address at Unit 35 Chelsea Wharf 15 Lots Road London SW10 0QJ (“we”/“our”).
2 The information we collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, residential address, email address and payment details) in a number of circumstances including:
• when you make a purchase using our Website, over the telephone or at one of our stores;
• if you sign up to our mailing list or register an online account with us; or
• if you contact us in relation to a query or to an order which you have placed with us.
3 How we will use the information about you
We may use personal data collected for the purposes of:
• processing any orders you may make;
• billing and order fulfilment;
• to notify you of any changes to our Website or to our goods or services that may affect you;
• personalising our service to you;
• marketing—see 'Marketing’ below;
• security, fraud prevention and detection;
• improving our services; and
• complying with our legal obligations.
By submitting your personal information to us you consent to our use of that information as set out in this Policy.
We may wish to provide you with information about special features of our Website or products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by emailing your request to unsubscribe to email@example.com. You can also opt out of receiving our marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of those emails.
6 Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to:
• our agents and contractors; and
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
7 How we protect your information
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data, for example:
• access to your account is controlled by a unique password that you have created;
• we store your personal data on secure servers; and
• payment details are encrypted using SSL technology. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
8 Overseas transfers
You agree that we may transfer your personal data to a jurisdiction outside the European Economic Area if in our discretion such transfer is necessary or desirable for our purposes as described in this Policy. We will ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
9 Monitoring We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purposes of compliance and improving our customer services.
11 How to contact us
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you would like to contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0345 400 2222, or post a letter to Sofa.com Ltd, Unit 35 Chelsea Wharf, 15 Lots Road, London, SW10 0QJ.