It’s true what they say, the best things in life come in pairs. From loveseats and armchairs to chaise sofas and footstools, there’s no better feeling than having double the decadence handmade just for you to perfectly suit your home interior style.
To celebrate the launch of our Perfect Pair promotion where you can enjoy 50% off any second item when you purchase a sofa, bed, or item worth over £1000, we’ve rounded up our favourite comfy couples from big celebrity names, such as Zoe Ball, Jo Whiley, and Jim Chapman to award-winning interior influencers for some red-hot home inspiration.
So, pop up your feet, grab an ice cream and tuck into these delicious, perfect pairs…
Teddy and Ernest, styled by Zoe Ball
Radio and television presenter, Zoe Ball, fabulously styles her hundred-year-old property in the Mid-Sussex countryside with dramatic designs made for the big screen. Inspired by her love of cinema, Zoe perfectly pairs the Ernest armchair in Claret cotton matt velvet with the Teddy loveseat in Scuba smart velvet.
Cosy meets luxury, Zoe Ball embraces bold colour with modern shapes to create an eye-catching space that is not only striking in its appearance but warm and welcoming for a sumptuous seating experience.
Inspired by Zoe Ball’s style? Here are a few tips to recreate her bold space:
- Clashing patterns: Don’t be afraid to mix and match bold prints and colours in order to create a space that feels warm and inviting.
- Think about how you use the space: Create zones specifically designed for reading, snuggling into with friends and family, and quiet moments of solitude to choose the perfect pieces for your space.
Costello and Poppy, styled by Gayle Scott
Renovating a 350-year-old cottage in the English countryside, interior influencer @thecottagebythebridge perfectly pairs the Costello sofa in Stone brushed linen cotton with the classic Chesterfield design of the Poppy armchair in Taupe brushed linen cotton to create a rustic elegance in her restful snug.
“I know they will both be around for many years to come as their classic style and fabric is timeless! That and the outstanding quality is built to last!”— Gayle, @thecottagebythebridge
Upholstered in fresh-feeling linens and featuring warm wooden legs for a space inspired by natural materials and organic textures, Gayle’s chosen comfy couple beautifully blends in with her minimalist interior style.
- Keep it minimal: For a simple rustic elegance, keep your colour palette minimal. Investing in tonal neutral shades creates a calming space that feels classic.
- Mix and match: Combine different interior styles, such as the mid-century design of Costello with the classic style of Poppy, to make a more modern look.
- Details, details, details: When creating a more neutral scheme, invest in pieces with visually interesting details such as buttoned tufting, sleek lines, and beautiful, turned legs, for an exciting overall effect.
Harper and Valentin, styled by Jo Whiley
BBC Radio 1 DJ, Jo Whiley, brings vibrant colour to her Northamptonshire home. Perfectly pairing the Harper sofa in Jade smart velvet with the Valentin footstool in Peony cotton matt velvet, Jo creates a haven of calm and peace with uplifting colours and cosy, sumptuous textures.
With tufted details and fabulous fluting, Jo chooses pieces with a designed decadence that elevate the space while opting for luxurious velvets that ensure it not only looks good but feels good too!
Otto and Otto, styled by Jo Whiley
Taking her striking interior style into the kitchen, Jo perfectly pairs the matching designs of the Otto corner sofa and footstool in Cobalt smart velvet to create an informal, welcoming environment and transform her kitchen space into a social hub for friends and family.
Our comfiest sofa design, with sumptuous feather wrapped seat cushions, Jo enjoys double the luxury with complete tip-to-toe comfort in her perfect purchase of the Otto range.
Inspired by Jo Whiley’s style? Here are a few tips to recreate her vibrant space:
- Think smart: Select fabrics that have a durable and resistant quality to keep her snug a sanctuary from children, pets, and unexpected parties.
- Complementary colours: Choosing opposite shades in the colour wheel is a great way to guarantee your desired space feels beautifully balanced while bringing in different colour tones.
- Don’t forget the accessories: Bring the space to life by introducing novel accessories for a funky final touch.
Bluebell and Bertie, styled by Jim Chapman
Known for his men’s fashion vlogs, YouTube star Jim Chapman brings his own personal flair to his London home with his model wife Sarah Tarleton. Bringing together their love for bold colour and functional design, the couple chose our beautiful Bluebell chaise in Dusty Rose cotton matt velvet and classically designed Bertie armchair in Dove Smart Velvet for their contemporary, family living room.
Aspiring for family-friendly comfort with a luxurious feel, the chaise style sofa is perfectly paired with the Bertie armchair in smart velvet to provide space for all the family without worrying about the accidental spills that arrive with babyhood.
Inspired by Jim Chapman’s style? Here are a few tips to recreate his homey living room space:
- Go classic: Choose traditional designs with timeless features that can adapt with your changing style throughout the years
- Function first: Invest in pieces that are first and foremost user-friendly and works well with your daily life
- Play when it comes to colour: Add your personality in your choice of fabric to really make a statement in your interior space
Otto and Ginger, styled by Reena Simon
Award-winning interiors blogger and hygge expert, Reena Simon, perfectly pairs the Otto sofa in Alabaster brushed linen cotton with the Ginger armchair in Champagne luxe boucle to create a Scandinavian-inspired escape full of calming cosiness in her Welsh 1960s home.
“Comfort was the most important factor for this room when I was designing the space and we have achieved that with the stunning Otto sofa and Ginger boucle armchair from @sofadotcom,”— Reena, @hygge_for_home
Combining contrasting textures of linen and boucle to add lightness and fresh style with a warm, relaxing ambience, Reena brings together two very different pieces to produce a snug that proves sometimes less is more.
Inspired by Reena’s style? Here are a few tips to recreate her Scandi Rustic space:
- It’s all about texture: Opt for fabrics with contrasting textures to create a balanced space that feels both warm and light to carry you through throughout all seasons
- Go neutral: For smaller spaces, choose more neutral tones that will help to give the illusion of greater space and more light
- Add curves: Introduce pieces with curvy lines to create a soft look that also helps to give the illusion of maximising your living area by showing more white space