three important things that make a great sofa:
We believe that the following three ingredients are the most important things when making our super comfy sofas. But, if you would like to find out more about how your sofa is made, please give us a call
1. super-tough beechwood frames built to last
Our hardwood frames are made from European beech trees. This makes them tough and built to last. Lesser made frames may be cheaper but will not last as long. We’re so confident in this that they come with a lifetime guarantee.
2. super-comfy, easy plump cushions
We use the best cushion fillings money can buy. In effect they are a thick duvet stuffed with white duck feathers, which in turn is wrapped around a piece of top quality squidgy foam. The feathers give that lovely feathery feeling and the foam also feels good, but more importantly “returns” when you stand up, and reduces plumping time. The result is a really comfy cushion that you don’t have to keep on plumping.
3. beautiful fabrics
We believe there is no room for compromise in this department! So, we’ve gone direct to the best mills in Europe to find you the very finest natural fabrics; Pure Linens and Cotton mixes from Belgium, Velvets from Florentine mills in Italy. The good news for you is that we buy these fabrics direct from the mills, bypassing all middlemen, meaning that you really can enjoy the most luxurious fabrics for refreshingly little (if these fabrics were to come through the fingers of a middleman, they would cost at least twice the price, significantly upping the overall cost of your sofa).
- Most of our sofas dismantle for easy access
- The majority of our sofas have loose covers
- Zips we only use the best, YKK. This costs us more, yes, but is there anything more annoying in the whole wide world than a broken zip?
- Tailoring – a bit like the difference between a cheap suit and a well-made one
- Attention to detail – we all know that if you look after the little things…